Creating a Clean Energy Economy in Connecticut: The Role of The Electric Vehicle (EV) Industry.
November 7, 2018: 4:30-6:00 PM
- The keynote speaker for the event is Carine Dumit, Senior Policy Advisor and Business Development at Tesla Inc.
Where: UConn School of Business Global Learning Center (GBLC), Hartford, 100 Constitution Plaza, Room 505
Light refreshments will be provided.
Global Environmental Response: Corporate Social Responsibility - Thursday, April 19, 2018
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Dr. Stephen Park, the UConn Satell CSR Fellow, will moderate a panel focusing on global CSR activities. Academics and industry leaders will discuss the business challenges they face in addressing sustainability while also discussing the future of CSR within their fields.
- Michelle Nagar, VP, Social Responsibility, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- Diane Cantello, VP, Corporate Sustainabillity, The Hartford Financial Services Group
- Dr. Belinda Wade, University of Queensland (via Skype)
- Brian Paganini, Quantum BioPower
Where: UConn School of Business Global Learning Center (GBLC), Hartford, 100 Constitution Plaza, 2nd Floor Observation Deck
Foodshare Volunteer Event - Friday, December 15, 2017
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Work alongside your friends and colleagues to fight hunger in your local community with Foodshare—the area’s largest food bank—sorting and packaging food items to be sent out to the needy. All graduate students are encouraged to join. You do not need to donate any food items.
Riverfront Recapture Volunteer Event - Friday, October 13, 2017
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Work together with Riverfront Recapture team to level and grade several paths in preparation for the Hartford Marathon.