The University of Connecticut Net Impact Graduate Chapter was formed to meet the needs of UConn graduate students who want to become effective change agents through their careers. We are an official chapter of Net Impact, a global community of students and professionals who want to make a positive impact in the world. With over 100,000 members and 300 global chapters, Net Impact’s members strive to take on social challenges, protect the environment, and orient businesses and products toward the greater good.
- Keney Park Sustainability EventKeney Parks Sustainability Vegetation Plantation Event: On March 15th, 2019, UConn’s Graduate Net Impact Chapter visited the Keney Park Sustainability Project (KPSP). KPSP intends to create the next generation of healthy, productive and environmentally conscious citizens. 15 Uconn Graduate students helped KPSP in removing dead plants and vegetate lettuce, spinach and cilantro seeds. Uconn […]Posted on March 18, 2019
- Monthly NewslettersRead on to find out what’s trending in sustainability around the world! April 2019 March 2019 February 2019 December 2018Posted on February 12, 2019
- Net Impact Grad Chapter Host New Sustainability Case CompetitionIf there was any question about how much heart and soul participants put into vying for the UConn Net Impact MBA Sustainability Case Competition victory, it could be measured by the disappointment on the faces of those who didn’t place. “This was an incredible competition in which every team gave its all,” said Allegra Klein, […]Posted on April 13, 2018
- FOODSHARE: Volunteer EventUConn’s Gradute Net Impact Chapter hosted a volunteer event with FOODSHARE (one of the largest food banks in Connecticut) on December 15th, 2017. As the region’s food bank, they work toward the vision of getting food donations from the food industry and distributing them to 300 food pantries, community kitchens, homeless shelters, and other partner programs. […]Posted on January 26, 2018
- UConn Grad Students Volunteer for Hartford Riverfront RecaptureOn October 13th, 2017, UConn’s Graduate Net Impact Chapter hosted a volunteer day for Riverfront Recapture, a non-profit organization that manages downtown Hartford’s riverfront park system. An enthusiastic group of 21 UConn graduate business students got their hands dirty working to maintain the riverfront parks, leveling and grading several paths in preparation for the Hartford […]Posted on October 24, 2017